|a really special lady.|
five things i'm thankful for this week:
1) um...that it's friday. this week has been weird and extremely long and i'm so very happy that it's over.
2) watching the sunrise. my son thinks i'm nuts, i'm certain, because every morning lately while he's drinking his bottle in his high chair, his mama is out on the balcony in her PJs taking pictures of the sunrise like a madwoman. i've never had the kind of view we have now and i'm a little obsessed. plus, i'm awake every time the sun comes up. it's hard not to gape. (come to think of it, Matty is probably relieved he is no longer the sole subject of his crazy mama's photography.)
3) Modern Family. i'm way behind on episodes this season, but i watched one last night—when Manny has to sell wrapping paper and Claire is trying to get the stop sign and Mitchell conquers his need to clean, much to Cam's dismay—on my iPad after i got into bed. even though i was half-asleep, i couldn't stop laughing. that show is consistently hilarious.
4) my gram. she turns eighty-six on Sunday. i've been thinking a lot lately—even more than usual—about how important she's been in my life. she was always there for me when i really needed her (when my mom was in the hospital for brain surgery and when i had a job but no apartment right after college) and she's always made me feel special and so loved. and she always had a box of my favorite Entenmann's donuts when i came to visit. best. Gram. ever.
5) my son. Michael had to work last night from midnight until eight o'clock this morning. i was asleep when he left, but i don't think it was too much later when i heard Matty stirring via the baby monitor. yes! i tiptoed to his room, gently plucked him from his crib and he kept me company the rest of the night. i didn't see him much yesterday; we needed the cuddle time. it was perfection.
happy weekend, friends!